Skip to main content

I'd rather be taking a nap

 I made a commitment to blog, and so far I'm not off to a great start. My excuse was moving. 2 weeks of intense manual labor. I broke down a few times during the process... not surprising. My husband was a model of perseverance and patience. It's embarrassing to be someone who can't always contain their emotions. But hell, my anxiety and bipolar disorders are life disturbing constantly. Anyone with these conditions would know. Trouble is the folks who will never be able to understand, and therefore continue to judge, use stigma, or blatantly berate those with mood disorders. I was once told in an online comment, that I should just die because I'm too sensitive for this world.  

I seem to want to blog about bipolar - so I want that to stay pure, and not indulgent. I say the above types of things a lot. What I need to do is read it 5 or so times and then not say it again.

Mood disorders aside, I've been feeling better the past couple days (after moving, unpacking, getting the 2nd COVID vaccine, etc.) Our bodies were a bit worn.

Now I need to find myself again. I know that sounds lame, but nonetheless it's true. I write correspondence, I read, I watch movies, I keep the house up... I'm a housewife - but I need to find out what else I still am. What's buried deep within... Forgotten but treasured. I'm on a mission!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Dance Practice On The Go

Hey dancers - frustrated because your budget or time doesn't allow for belly dance class? Do you spend countless hours behind a computer desk wishing you could be practicing dance instead? Well good news, you can practice isolations just about anywhere!  Sitting at your desk :   1. alternating glute squeezes.   This is pretty easy to do without anyone noticing (so long as your face isn't making a weird expression. :) As you hopefully know, alternating squeezing each butt cheek is a great way to build up your shimmy strength (while also building muscle memory). First make sure you have the correct posture. Then focus the mind on right cheek, squeeze and then left. If you can only do it slowly that's just fine, it's still an effective exercise and eventually you'll easily speed up. For more info on glute squeezes see Shira's website .  2. pelvic tuck, glute squeeze (both together).   Make sure your posture is correct. Sit toward the back of your chair wi...

lame lyrics

"so many things i want to tell you, everything i want to share, just gets blogged or tweeted even though those folks don't care. everything that makes me laugh or break out into a smile, fills me with a need to see you even just a little while." totally corny right? was just a random thought I had a week ago when missing my man. I dunno my biggest flaw as a musician is my inability to connect melodies I write to genuinely good lyrics. There's definitely an art to writing for songs versus writing poetry or stories. I think it baffles me most because what I consider great lyrics are so painfully simple, yet NOT if you get my point. I've been trying to pay attention to songs that really move me and pay close attention to the lyrics. The Cliks album Dirty King is a great example (it's not officially released yet but I bought a copy at their concert). Lucas' lyrics are powerful, yet just vague enough that they can be interpreted many ways and therefore h...

Ben Browder Q & A 2013

I really don't know the legality of writing in detail about a ticketed event at a convention... but I just had to share the fun that was Ben Browder for my fellow Farscape fans.  He is also know for Stargate (which I didn't really watch but just might now!) and was also on a recent episode of Arrow. But my heart will always beat for John Crichton of Farscape .  Thanks to my AZ BFF Alisha, I was introduced to the most creative sci-fi show I've ever seen.  Working with the Muppet studios and fantastical make-up creations, the show TRULY felt like another universe that would be phenomenally confusing to any human.  And that is part of the humor in it for me... I don't want to spoiler anyone who plans to watch the show, but poor John is a brilliant astronaut who is accidentally sucked into another universe, fumbling his way through, perpetually confused and mocked mercilessly for it. I'd been kind of disappointed in certain sci-fi shows in the past in t...