I've been thinking a lot about pain lately. Pain is something we try to do away with and try to avoid, yet is an unavoidable part of life. In fact, often times we grow mentally, spiritually or creatively after periods of great pain. As a sufferer of migraines and all-around rather wimpy female (even though I like to talk tough) I deal a lot with trying to minimize physical pain and how to prevent it. My solution to overwhelming pain is to sleep it off, and I generally deal with physical and emotional pain the same way. I hate sleeping through entire days or sometimes even weekends -- and lately I've missed plans with dear friends and family. This is nothing new for me, but I think the bi-polar weather in Denver is to blame for recent difficulties. I'm hoping that after this winter, my body will be a little better acclimated to actual weather. I had a discussion with my AZ soul sisters the last time I was there about the relationship between pain and art. My singer/so...
Comments
Post a Comment